What to Expect From a Cocaine Addiction Treatment Center in Florida
Cocaine is a highly potent stimulant drug that is seldom used as a topical anesthetic. While cocaine has some medicinal uses, it is mostly known for its habit-forming and addictive qualities. People who abuse cocaine are not receiving it by prescription, instead, they buy an illicit form of it on the street.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), 4.8 million people reported abusing cocaine in 2021.
Cocaine abuse can lead to a wide variety of adverse issues, including addiction, the development of long-term health consequences, and even life-threatening overdoses. If you or a loved one abuses cocaine, the best thing you can do for yourself is attend professional treatment. But what can you expect during cocaine rehab in Florida?
Cocaine addiction treatment centers in Florida use a variety of services to help their clients overcome their substance use disorders, including individualized treatment planning, medical detox, evidence-based therapies, and aftercare support.
Signs You Need Help for Cocaine Addiction
When you are addicted to cocaine, it can be difficult to notice the signs in yourself. That is why it is so important to be educated on the symptoms of cocaine addiction. Being able to identify when your cocaine use is becoming a substance use disorder can help you tell when it’s time for treatment.
The signs you need help for cocaine addiction include:
- Desiring to quit or cut down on your cocaine use but being unsuccessful
- Continuing to use cocaine despite facing adverse social, physical, or mental health effects
- Failing to meet personal responsibilities at home, school, or work because of your cocaine use
- Getting into risky situations while using cocaine, such as driving under the influence
- Having uncontrollable urges or cravings to abuse cocaine
- Not being able to control how much cocaine you use at once
- Needing more cocaine to experience the desired effect
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you cannot use cocaine
While cocaine addiction can be difficult to overcome, rehab programs in Florida will arm you with the tools and support you need to achieve long-lasting recovery.
What to Expect During a Cocaine Addiction Treatment Program in Florida
Choosing to attend cocaine rehab is an important first step toward recovery. However, you might still feel uneasy if you do not know what to expect. Being aware of what rehab is like in Florida can make the transition into treatment and recovery much easier for you.
As soon as you begin your cocaine addiction treatment program you will undergo an initial assessment. These assessments are used to gather information about your cocaine abuse history as well as your physical and mental health. Then, the medical team can create an individualized treatment program based on your unique needs.
Once your treatment program is created, you will begin medical detox. Most people who struggle with cocaine addiction will require detox services, as the withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable.
While the FDA does not approve a specific medication for cocaine withdrawal, the medical team will provide you with medications based on the symptoms you are experiencing. For example, if you are struggling with feelings of depression or anxiety, you will be given antidepressant medication.
Once you overcome your withdrawal symptoms, you will begin partaking in individual and group counseling sessions. During both, your therapist will use evidence-based therapies, which means they are clinically proven in managing cocaine addiction.
Examples of evidence-based therapies include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapies (CBT)
- Motivational interviewing (MI)
- Contingency management (CM)
- 12-step facilitation therapy
- The matrix model
- Family behavior therapy
The goal of both group counseling and individual therapy is to teach you how to regulate your emotions, provide you with healthy coping skills, and help you manage triggers for substance abuse.
Relapse Prevention Planning and Aftercare
Lastly, cocaine addiction treatment centers in Florida use a technique known as relapse prevention planning. These plans include tools and services that will help you maintain your recovery outside of a treatment facility. For example, you will compile a list of triggers that affect you and healthy coping mechanisms you can use when they arise.
In addition to relapse prevention planning, you will have access to aftercare services. These services help you stay connected in a recovery community to reduce your chances of relapse.
Examples of aftercare services include:
- Continued therapy
- Medication management
- Referrals to outpatient or sober living programs
- Recommendations on local support groups like 12-step meetings
- Access to an alumni support group
Get Connected to a Top-Rated Cocaine Addiction Treatment Center in Florida
If you or a loved one suffers from cocaine addiction in Florida, you’ve come to the right place. Mandala Healing Center will give you all of the tools and support you need to be successful in recovery.
To learn more about our Florida cocaine rehab program, contact us today.
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA): What is the scope of cocaine use in the United States, Retrieved November 2023 From https://nida.nih.gov/publications/research-reports/cocaine/what-scope-cocaine-use-in-united-states
- The National Library of Medicine (NLM): Evidence-based practices for substance use disorders, Retrieved November 2023 From https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3678283/