How to Choose a Fentanyl Rehab Center - Mandala Healing Center
Fentanyl is a powerful, addictive opioid drug that is 50 times stronger than heroin and 100 times stronger than morphine. A small, granular-sized dose can be lethal to someone who doesn’t have an opioid tolerance.
Opioid tolerance develops after taking opioids regularly for an extended period of time. Tolerance causes you to take higher doses to achieve the desired effects or even start using stronger opioids. For example, more than 80% of people who seek treatment for heroin or fentanyl addiction started using prescription opioids first.
Whether you were prescribed fentanyl and found yourself addicted to it or progressed to using it after other opioids no longer “did the job,” you can benefit from receiving professional medical and psychiatric care at an addiction treatment facility. However, choosing the right fentanyl rehab center in South Florida isn’t always easy, and there are many factors you have to consider.
Step One: Assess Your Personal Needs
The most important thing to consider when choosing the right treatment center is your personal needs. Everyone who is addicted to fentanyl is unique and may not be in the same situation as you, so it’s important to choose a rehab center that can design an individually-tailored treatment plan.
While you may need to speak with an addiction specialist for a consultation to determine your needs, here are a few things to consider:
- Trauma and mental illness – Many people who seek treatment for addiction struggle with trauma or an underlying mental health condition. If you know or believe that you have experienced trauma or suffer from a mental illness like anxiety or depression, you can benefit from choosing a dual diagnosis facility.
- Addiction severity – Some people have more severe addictions than others. For example, someone seeking a fentanyl detox center may not even need treatment if they are only physically addicted to fentanyl after taking it as prescribed for an extended period of time. Other people have a mild opioid use disorder that only requires an outpatient program. But some people have a moderate to severe opioid use disorder, and these individuals can benefit the most from an inpatient rehab program. In other words, the more severe your addiction, the higher level of care you should be looking for.
- Location – Traveling for rehab can be beneficial because you can get a fresh start somewhere new. And, depending on where you live, you may have a wider range of treatment options if you go to rehab away from home. However, some people already have a support group in their hometown, so they would rather stay put at a fentanyl rehab near them. Make the decision that is right for you.
Make Sure They Offer Detox
Detoxing from opioids can be extremely agonizing and uncomfortable, so much so that many people avoid sobering up because they want to avoid going into withdrawal. However, this keeps people trapped in a cycle of addiction.
The best fentanyl rehab center will offer medically-supervised detox with 24-hour care. Detox centers can prescribe medications like methadone or buprenorphine that alleviate fentanyl withdrawal symptoms and eliminate drug cravings, making the withdrawal process far more tolerable.
Detox is the first step toward recovery, so choosing a rehab with a medical detox program is an absolute must. Do not think that you can successfully detox cold turkey.
At Mandala Healing Center, patients in our residential program begin their recovery journey with comprehensive, medical detox services. While under 24-hour supervision, patients are guaranteed safety and comfort.
Consider Your Insurance Coverage
Another important factor to consider is your insurance coverage. Cost is a major concern for many people seeking treatment because they often aren’t in the best financial situation.
Fentanyl addiction detox and treatment are covered by insurance, but not every rehab facility is in-network with your insurance plan. Before you make your final decision on a treatment center, you should make sure they accept your insurance.
You can find an in-network rehab center by verifying your insurance coverage with an admissions coordinator at Mandala Healing Center or by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
Qualities to Look For South Florida Fentanyl Rehab Center
While many South Florida fentanyl detox and treatment programs follow a similar framework, some facilities provide better care than others. Upon making your final decision on where you will receive treatment, make sure the program has these qualities:
- State licensing and/or third-party accreditation
- On-site medical care (if needed)
- Individualized treatment plans
- Transparent billing policies
- Licensed and certified staff members
- The use of evidence-based therapies and treatments
By choosing an addiction treatment center with these qualities, you can rest assured you are receiving excellent care.
Find a Fentanyl Rehab Center in South Florida Today
Here at Mandala Healing Center, we employ evidence-based treatments at our state-of-the-art recovery facility. Using a holistic approach, we make sure to treat your mind, body, and spirit for comprehensive healing and long-term recovery.
Don’t wait any longer for the life-changing care you deserve. Call now to speak with a qualified admissions coordinator.